1. You are infinite. And on those keys, the music that you can make is infinite.音乐是无限的。在琴键上，奏出无限的音乐。
2. I like that. That I can live by.我喜欢那样，我应付得来。
3. You get me up on that gangway and you rill out in front of me a keyboard of millions of keys,Millions and billions of keys that never end.走过跳板，前面的键盘有无数的琴键。
4. That’s the truth, Max, they never end. That keyboard is infinite.事实如此，无穷无尽，键盘无限大。
5. And if that keyboard is infinite, then on that keyboard there is no music you can play.无限大的键盘，怎奏得出音乐?
6. You are sitting on the wrong bench. That’s God’s piano.不是给凡人奏的，是给上帝奏的。
7. Christ! Did you see the streets? Just the street-----there were thousands of them.唉!只是街道，已经好几千条。
8. How do you do it down there? How do you choose just one?上了岸，何去何从?
9. One woman, one house, one piece of land to call your own, one landscape to look at, one way todie. All that world just weighing down on you. You don’t even know where it comes to an end.爱一个女人，住一间屋子，买一块地，望一个景，走一条死路。太多选择，我无所适从，漫无止境，茫茫无际。
10. Aren’t you ever just scared of breaking apart at the thought of it? The enormity of it.思前想后，你不怕精神崩溃?那样的日子怎么过?
11. I was born on this ship, and the world passed me by.我生于船，长与船，世界千变万化。
12. But 2000 people at a time, and there were wishes here.这艘船每次只载客两千，既载人，有载梦想。
13. But never more than fit between prow and stern.但范围离不开船头与船尾之间。
14. You played put your happiness, but on a piano that was not infinite! I learned to live that way.在有限的钢琴上，我自得其乐，我过惯那样的日子。
15. Land? Land is a ship too big for me. It’s a woman too beautiful, it’s a voyage too long, a perfumetoo strong, it’s music I don’t know how to make.陆地?对我来说，陆地是艘太大的船，是位太美的美女。是条太长的航程，是瓶太香的香水，是篇无从弹奏得乐章。
16. I can never get off this ship. I’m blessed I can step off my life.我没法舍弃这艘船，我宁可舍弃自己的生命。
17. After all, I don’t exist for anyone.反正，世间没人记得我。
18. All that city you just couldn’t see an end to it.城市那么大，看不到尽头
19. The end? Please? Can you please just show me where it ends?尽头在哪里?可以给我看看尽头么?
20. It was all very final on that gangway and I was grant too in my over coat. I cut quite a figure, and Iwas getting off, guaranteed. That wasn’t the problem.当年，我踏上跳板，不觉得困难。我穿上大衣，很神气，自觉一表人才，有决心，有把握，有信心。
21. You are the exception, Max. You are the only one who knows I’m here. You are a minority, andyou’d better get used of it.除了你，Max，只有你知道我在这里，你属于少数，你最好习惯一下。
22. Forgive me, my friend, but I’m not getting off.朋友，原谅我。我不下船了。
23. Hey，Max! Imagine the music I could play with two right arms. Hope I can find a piano up there.两条右臂能弹出什么音乐? 希望天堂有钢琴
24. It wasn’t what I saw that stopped me, Max, it was what I didn’t see。 Do you understand that?What I didn’t see.我停下来，不是因为所见，是因为所不见。你明不明白?是因为看不见的东西。
25. In all that sprawling city, there was everything except an end. There was no end.连绵不绝的城市，什么都有，除了尽头，没有尽头。
26. What I did not see was where the whole thing came to an end, the end of the world.我看不见城市的尽头，我需要看见世界尽头。
27. Take a piano, hmm? The keys begin, the keys end. You know there are 88 of them. Nobody cantell you different. They are not infinite.拿钢琴来说，键盘有始也有终。有88个键，错不了，并不是无限的。